Thursday 27 December 2012

Feeling a bit Nan Goldin-esque...


Nan goldin -  My bed, hotel La Louisiane, Paris
Nan goldin -  My Bed, Hotel La Louisiane, Paris
I purchased a pack of the Impossible Project polaroid black and white film 600ASA which has 8 slides in a pack - I got it earlier this year and have been waiting for the right moment to use it. Then I forgot about it for months and it was only about a week ago that I thought about it after having a browse through my polaroid book by Taschen. I have an old polaroid camera that I bought in a vintage shop in Sheffield two years ago and I thought Christmas Day would be the perfect time to finally test it out. It is a straightforward camera, its a shove the film in and point and shoot - it has a built in flash and there is no focus control which reminded me of the work of Nan Goldin where she doesnt look to focus her image, in many ways it enhances the truthfulness of her images.


When photographing I kept in mind her style and you can see two of my photographs below (the rest can be found on my Flickr page).


My Bed, Drakes Park


 
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment