Thursday 27 December 2012

It ended with a little dance...

My application was successful to study in Budapest next year!! I heard back in late November so I have left it a month to actually talk about it on my blog as it has been a hectic term at college. But here I am, a few days after Christmas and I finally have some time to myself.
I was at work when my friend called to say we had both got in and the office was rather surprised when I came out of the kitchen doing a little dance and looking incredibly happy - they eventually got the reason for my ecstatic mood when I had settled down. I now have about a month and a half to find some accommadation and prepare to leave home for 4 months. I really think this trip is going to develop my photography as it has produced so many amazing photographers like Moholy-Nagy, Brassai, Munkasci, Barlogh - I could go on! And the Moholy Nagy Institute of Art and Design is a very prestigious university so to have that on my cv is an extra string to my bow and I have always been interested in the history of the Ottoman Empire, so to see the city itself has been a dream of mine for years and now I'll be able to live and photograph the city for 4 months! My next update on Budapest may be in February when I am about to leave so until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment