Tuesday 21 May 2013

Dara Scully

I've long been a fan of Dara Scully's work, following her work closely through her Flickr page and she always produces images that I find so captivating and wonderfully mystical. Her work is full of narrative and she often places a poem or story before her images which are whimsical and childlike. Dara Scully’s sense of poetry is reflected in her photographic work. She loves to play with several effects of exposure and reflections too. I love her 'exposed to ghosts' series which is about pain, loss and deepest fears, the colour film just creates this softness that contrasts with the subject matter whilst complimenting the bare skin present in the whole series. Just beautiful. 

Below I have shown her series Your Breath/My Love: 
This is an excerpt from her website that is placed just before the images: 

'A long time ago, I found a magic mirror in the forest.
I put it on the bark of a tree and it told me this story
about love, loss and fidelity.

your breath/my love is a visual poem, a story
that you can read through this six pictures.'

Revelation

The offering

Your Breath

My Love

I wont be the tie that binds you


The Vigil

See more of Dara Scully's work at http://cargocollective.com/darascully

No comments:

Post a Comment