Thursday 16 May 2013

Plymouth Bike Night - May 2013

I was asked to photograph Plymouth Bike Nights again this year, I accepted of course! Any excuse to be around bikes. I went to the first one of the season on May 2nd and a record total of 604 bikes turned up and raised £742.02 for Help For Heroes! 
The night was in the middle of my deadline weeks at uni, so I couldn't get them all edited very quickly, they have just gone up on the site now though: http://www.plymouthbikenight.org.uk/
I have missed going up to the Hoe to see the bikes and I am so glad they are back this year, they are my own moments where I can just wander around photographing whatever I like, enjoy the amazing view of the sea and watch the sun go down as the bikes are riding out. I couldn't think of a better evening for me right now. The next one is May 23rd, so I will be photographing that one next week too. Here is a little pic of me below  photographing some amazing artwork, it's great to see how customised these bikes are and the little touches made by each owner like a bear tied to the back or a national trust sticker - it just reminds you that these are normal guys with a passion for bikes rather than the stereotype society has created. Tune in next week for an update on the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment