Wednesday 29 August 2012

Finalist in The Signature Art Prize 2012!!

So I was just sitting at work this morning and checking my college email where I was reminded that I needed to check the DegreeArt.com website to see who the semi finalists were for the competition I entered. To my surprise my photograph had been selected!! Everyone at work just heard be going 'ahhhhhhhh!!' followed by a lot on incoherent babble until I composed myself and told them the good news, to which I received many pats on the back. You can see my entry by clicking on the link below:

http://www.degreeart.com/black-and-white/sarah-packer/beggar-woman-rome-signature-art-prize-2012-finalist

After 500 entries to the competition it was narrowed down to 40 semi finalists, which included me! The 40 semi finalists have their work exhibited for one night only at the Spitalfields Market, London Mile End and on that night 5 finalists from each category: Photography, Mixed Media, Painting and Sculpture are selected to have their work exhibited at the DegreeArt Gallery in London until November, the winners also receive £1000!! Then there is the People's Choice Award where the public vote for their favourite piece so there is an extra award to be won.
I have just received the email asking me to RSVP to the opening gala at Spitalfields and I will soon receive an email about sending the artwork to the gallery and signing a contract etc, so I am researching places to get a good exhibition quality print done up and also places for framing my work! It's all very exciting albeit nerve-wracking!
I will have to take the first week of college off so that I can travel up to London where I should hopefully stay with my aunt in Norwich to attend the gala so it's all moving very quickly! But I will keep you posted on what happens and maybe post a few photos from the night! Can't wait! x

No comments:

Post a Comment