Sunday 4 November 2012

Tracey Elliot-Reep

TRACEY ELLIOT-REEP SEMINAR


"If you wait for perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done"
 So I went to this seminar earlier this month at Plymouth College of Art about Tracey Elliot-Reep and her travels with her horses and her photography. As soon as I looked at her website and found out that she travelled I just had to go - because I am a sucker for a good travel story - and she had plenty!
She doesn't stay in hotels or anything like that she just rides her horses and camps, so quite hardcore if I say so myself, especially when she was doing it for 6 months at a time. She said of it "if you have visions and dreams you can endure...uncomfortable-ness."
And I wondered how she had the money to travel, Tracey said she'll raise money in the UK from selling cards, calendars and books and then with that money she then leaves for a few months to travel - so she never saves any money for the future, which is something I do myself and will probably continue to do!
"I've designed the life I want to live with my love of travel, horses and photography".

She has 9 horses around the world - America, New Zealand, the UK, Greece etc. She uses digital now but used to use colour transparencies and often recruits someone she meets to take a photo for her. She currently uses a Nikon D3000 camera.

Tracey was a lovely person and definately someone I could look up to and get some good tips in terms of travelling. Her photography was good although I am not a huge fan of 'animals in the landscape' shots, but love her photographs of the locals she meets.

No comments:

Post a Comment