Saturday 15 March 2014

Girls On Film Photography Zine






I recently submitted some of my images to an online photography zine called Girls on Film and they emailed me today (15th Feb) to ask me to send them a paragraph about the work and a few more images so that they can do a feature on my work. I just sent that off so will be seeing that up soon I imagine. I only sent them some portraits so it is a nice taster size of my work in the lead up to the exhibition and book, I like the idea of gradually feeding out your work to sites so that when you then have the show some people are already familiar with your work. It also makes for good publicity if nothing else!

The zine has featured on DazedDigital, Urban Outfitters, Vogue Girl, Elle Girl, Nasty Gal, It’s Nice That, Wow Magazine, The Thousands, Lost at E Minor, No Thoughts, Boys in Trouble, Farm Rio, First Look, Nostalgic, The International Picture House, Article Magazine and more. So I am hoping to get a good audience for my work and maybe the work will be printed in their zines as well. http://www.girlsonfilmzine.co.uk/jack-and-mark-by-sarah-packer/
This is a screen shot of the feature, and also a screen shot of the website homepage where my work is ‘advertised’. The feature has 8 photographs which is a good amount to start showing online, and with the feature being advertised on GirlsOnFilm twitter and their facebook I should garner a large audience for my work. 






No comments:

Post a Comment