Tuesday 24 April 2012

The City That Never Sleeps...

Got back from New York on Sunday and I have just about recovered from my jetlag but wow what a trip! My aim was to take photographs similar to my usual photojournalism/reportage style which I hope I have achieved, I still have to develop the 6 rolls of film I took out there - can't wait to see the results! I also took some on my digital, though I mostly did snapshots rather than photographic quality images. But here are some of my better pictures below. The first one (Brooklyn Bridge) captures the gritty city that is NYC through the use of black and white and I also put the contrast up to bring out the blacks as it was at first a flat image as it was a bit of a grey cloudy day. I love the boat foam on the left which just fills that side of the image, evening at the whole composition.


No comments:

Post a Comment