Saturday 7 April 2012

New York - 8 days to go!

Next Sunday I am off to New York for 5 days and I have just been doing some research on exhibitions there and at the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) they have a Cindy Sherman exhibition from Feb 26th-June 11th with her untitled film stills (1977-80) and so I will definately be going to that!! There is also an exhibition of Eugene Atget's work which I would love to have seen but it finishes on the 9th April.
The Guggenheim has 120 photographs of Francesca Woodman's work from Mar 16th - June 13th so will also visit that as I am a big fan of her work.
Other than photography I will hopefully see the Diego Rivera murals at MoMa and the Thannhauser Collection at the Guggenheim which contains work by Picasso, Manet, Gauguin and Van Gogh!!
Should be an enriching experience :)
I am also going to email Steve Pyke, a new york based photographer, and see if I can interview him whilst I am in New York - fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment